“The child is both a hope and a promise of mankind”
* To take each child on a voyage of discovery where they will discover their own path of learning in an environment that nurtures the wellbeing of every child.
* To enable every child know who they are, to support them to discover what they can do and to inspire them to explore what they can become.
* To provide authentic Montessori experience that will enrich the lives of every child and family.
* To be a community that is inclusive, accepting, respectful, caring, and supportive.
* To celebrate and respect each child's identity and culture.
* To support each child to become self motivated, independent, lifelong learners who will grow into positive and confident contributing members of our society.
. The Montessori Way
Our teaching and way of life is built to support, encourage and guide your child to learn and discover at their own pace and in their own time through the Montessori method.
Alongside the Montessori philosophy, we embrace the NZ Curriculum Te Whariki, recognizing that both work together to enable all children become confident capable learners.
We welcome all families, and work together
to seek your knowledge, aspirations and goals for your child. We
provide opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s learning and in the life of our learning community.
Every family and child matters. We journey together to make this experience the best it can be
We want every child to develop an appreciation and respect for their learning environment and beyond. This is embedded in our daily routine.
Identity and Culture
Our goal is to help all children develop a strong, positive sense of themselves. We believe a positive sense of identity is crucial to the development of self-esteem and confidence. Learning about other cultures supports children to understand and respect the diversity of others.
We will ensure New Zealand’s bicultural nature is reflected in the teaching of our tamariki.
We want tamariki to feel proud of who they are and further develop a sense of belonging through an understanding of their past, present and future.
We provide a culture of self reliance and success where every child’s uniqueness is celebrated and where children's contributions are valued and respected.
Poipoia te kākano kia puāwai
Nurture the seed and it will blossom